Miguel A. Mendez-Fernandez, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Providing the best in plastic surgery care since 1986
“Perfection is the goal, but the patient is reality.”
About Dr. Mendez
Dr. Mendez was born and raised in Mexico City, Mexico. He was a plastic surgeon in private practice in Houston from 1986-1990 and has been in private practice in Redding since 1990. Dr. Mendez served on the editorial boards of two plastic surgery journals and has published over 24 papers on plastic surgery subjects.
Interests and Hobbies
Dr. Mendez is passionate about good food and wine, and enjoys collecting antique German beer steins. His collection has grown to over 1,600 steins. He also enjoys hunting for unusual antiques or vintage collectibles in garage sales, estate sales, and antique shops.
Dr. Mendez’s teaching activities include:
Assistant Instructor in Surgery
Baylor College of Medicine 1975-1978
Clinical Instructor in Plastic Surgery
Univ. of California, San Diego 1984-1990
Clinical Instructor Plastic & Reconstr. Surgery
Baylor College of Medicine 1986-1990
Assistant Clinical Professor
Univ. of California, Davis 1991-Present
Dr. Mendez is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the following organizations:
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc.
- California Medical Association
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- International College of Surgeons
- International Confederation for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Mexican Association of Aesthetic & Reconstructive Plastic Surgery